Friday, February 7, 2020

Boring Bat-Wings

Hello Readers. It is cloudy and dreary here in my part of the world. It is gray and blah and it makes me want to go to sleep. Just like this gray top. Zzzz.....

I started with this casual gray shirt. It was plain but in great shape. It also had these big bat-wing style sleeves. They just don't look good on me. I am built like an ice cream cone and this top just magnifies that shape.

I also had these shorts. I found them at a recent clothes swap. I didn't like them as shorts because they were too short on me. I liked the material and the trim. I am going to cut them up and use them for parts. (Like a stolen car but this is all legit.)

These shorts had a wide elastic waistband that I thought I could use as a waistband for my shirt. That would draw the waist in and add a little shape and color. And that trim on the legs of the shorts would be pretty somewhere too. 

I cut the wings out from under the sleeves. I made the new sleeves a standard shape. It made a very plain and simple shirt. I wanted to add some trim to make it more interesting. I added the waistband to the bottom of the shirt.  I left a little bit of the short's fabric on the waistband to make a little ruffle. 

I decided to take a little excess out of the shoulders too. The wide neck just seemed too wide on me. I added the trim from the leg of the shorts to the neck.

Here is a closer look the the neckline. The trim and a bit of the burgundy fabric make it more fun. It adds a little color too. This gray could use a little brightening up.

I wore this shirt to work. It was perfect because the higher neckline didn't reveal anything when I was working. I hurry and move around a lot and I don't like to worry about my clothes. 
Yes, those are the corduroy pants from the last post. I love them. 
Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: