Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A Valentine's Day Shirt for My Little Guy

Hello Readers. Valentine's Day is coming soon. Are you ready? Do you have a sweet card and chocolates for the special someone on your life? Are you even into this holiday? I decided to make my youngest a shirt for Valentine's Day. He can wear it to school for the party they are going to have. 
I started with a plain white shirt.

I wanted him to look like a little gentleman so I made suspenders. I just used red grosgrain ribbon I had in my sewing stash. I used my machine and stitched them on the front of the shirt. I didn't have enough ribbon to put them on the back of the shirt too. They are obviously fake so I just focused on the front of the shirt.

I added white hearts on the ribbons. I used a rubber stamp and some white acrylic craft paint. They didn't come out perfect but I never aim for perfect. My goal here is fun and cute.
I also drew the outline of a little bow tie in pencil.

 When the white paint was dry I painted the red bow tie. I just used cheap acrylic art paint. It never washes out when I get it on my clothes by accident so it will last a good long time on this shirt.

I wasn't sure if he would like it. He is very picky about his clothes, where they came from (He only wants hand-me-downs from the boys next-door.) and how they feel when he wears them. He agreed to try this on and when he did he said, "I think I love it." I was one happy mom!
He insisted that I take pictures with his latest creation. I decided not to argue.

He also insisted on taking a picture himself.

He did pretty good.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: