Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Plenty of Plaid

 Hello Readers. Spring is coming. This little plaid dress would be perfect for spring. It would be if it fit. I found it at a clothes swap and thought was such a great dress. I couldn't try it on at the time so I brought it home and found out it did not fit very well.

I loved this plaid fabric. It was a cute dress, the ruffle really caught my eye. But it was tight and uncomfortable. I had to find a way to use the fabric that worked for me. I thought about removing the top and making a skirt......

 I decided to add the plaid ruffle from the bottom of the dress to a denim jacket. I used a thread that matched the thread used on the jacket.

I also removed the collar and attached it to the inside of the jacket collar. I might pop that double collar like it is the 1980's!

I liked the ruffle and the touch of plaid was fun. 

 I needed a fun jacket right?

There was plenty of plaid fabric left over so what did I do with the rest of the dress? I made an apron. I ruin a lot of clothes when I cook because I get messy. 
Call me Betty Crocker!

Will this apron help me stay nice and neat when I cook? We'll see. (But I doubt it.)

What is that lace panel at the bottom? It's a small valance curtain. It was in a stash of sewing stuff from my mother in law. It was just the right length and width for this apron.

Here is a peek at what is left of the dress. I don't know what I can do with these scraps. If I think of something I will let you know.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: