Saturday, January 4, 2020

The Shapeless Red Sweater

Hello Readers. I saw a picture of myself wearing this red sweater and thought I could do something fun with it. I love red. I think it is really cheerful. But when I saw the picture of this sweater I thought it looked really shapeless with this dress.

I looked at the sweater by itself and thought it had a wide waistband. Maybe I could do something with the waistband to give it more shape.
I also had this red ribbon sitting around leftover from Christmas. Why not use it?

I used a large needle and threaded the ribbon around the sweater. I started and ended in the front. This made a nice bow in the front.

And it pulled the sweater in at the waist to give it some shape. I can loosen it to take it off and put it on. Easy-peasy! I liked it with the dress.....

And I liked it with pants. I have been wearing dresses all month for Dressember.
I am really looking forward to wearing pants now. And these warm corduroys are just what I wanted. Some quick resizing and a couple tucks in the back to cinch in the waistband and..........

I was ready to go.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.











2 comments:

KD said...

The ribbon drawstring makes the shape and style of the sweater so much nicer! Thanks for the idea. I will add that to my refashioning toolset!

I Can Work With That said...

Hi KD,
You are very welcome. Happy Sewing!
Chickie