Friday, January 10, 2020

A Fancy Sweatshirt?

Hello Readers. I am still in the middle of a cozy clothes binge. I just want to be snuggly and warm. Today's project is a sweatshirt. You can't be more snuggly than that.

This navy blue sweatshirt was very plain. I could make it more fun right? The sleeves were a little too long. I could fix that also.

I decided to add a ruffle to the neckline of the sweatshirt. I got the ruffle from a tank top that was too tight. I found it at a clothes swap and brought it home because I liked the ruffle so much. I cut the sweatshirt into a V shape at the neckline to match the ruffle.

Here you can see what I cut off the sweatshirt. I moved the shoulder seams in to make the sweatshirt seem less oversized. I also made the sleeves a bit shorter and waistband a bit higher. I didn't want it to be too short but I wanted to try a shorter length. I made sure no mom tummy would show. No one sees that. Ever! (It's pale and stretch marked and more than a little flabby. Would it kill me to do a sit-up?)

I also cut a rectangle from the tank top and made a front pocket. Why? Just for fun.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: