Hello Readers. I saw this shirt at a thrift shop and loved this floral fabric. I loved the colors and thought it would be great to refashion.
Before and after.
When I found this on the rack it was the middle of winter but I thought it would be perfect for summertime. I saved it until now.
This shirt was such a pretty and feminine floral. The shirt style seemed boxy and was not as feminine as the fabric. I got to work.
I used my serger to finish the new neckline I had just cut. I didn't want it to fray. Then I turned the edge under and sewed it down. I sewed it wide enough to put elastic through and around the neck.
I threaded elastic around the neckline to gather the shirt fabric. I stitched the neckline closed when the elastic was threaded through. This will gather the fabric around the neckline.
I made a tiny hole inside the sleeve at the hem. I used this as a casing for elastic as well.
I tied the elastic in a knot and this made a little puffy sleeve.
I liked the new shirt. The open neck was much more comfortable for me. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
***Year End Update***- This was such a pretty green. I gained a little weight and sadly it got a little too tight to wear.









6 comments:
I think your remake is adorable. Hooray for upcycling!
Thank you so much for the kind comment.
Chickie
Very nice.
Thanks so much!
Well done. Love a lightweight button up, but sometimes the collar the strikes me as either too masculine or matronly. Brilliant job feminizing this sweet shirt.
Thanks for the comment Bridget! Happy sewing to you.
Chickie
Post a Comment