Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Dye a Romper

 Hello Readers. I thought this floral romper had potential. I just wasn't sure about the white color background. The white background seemed to contrast too much with the floral pattern. But I could do something about that. I got a bottle of dye and got to work.

Rit Dye to the rescue.

I liked the fit of the romper but maybe the shorts were too long? I would address that later. 

I cut out the shoulder pads first. I didn't like the way they looked. and my shoulders are big enough already for me.
 
I put the romper in my washing machine with this blue dye as directed. This roper was a cotton/polyester blend so I used some dye for synthetics. 
 
The dye worked well. I thought it created a sort of denim blue color. I washed and dried the romper as directed.
 
I turned the hem of the shorts under and sewed a new hem to make the shorts a bit shorter. 
 
I ironed the new hem so it was smooth.  
 
The new color was great for me. The floral design is still visible but I like how the new colors all work together. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 

 

 




No comments: