Saturday, December 10, 2022

Making a Snack Center for Your Delivery Drivers

 It is the holiday season and one thing I like to do this time of year is make a snack center to say thank you for all my mail and package delivery people. I get a lot of mail and packages all year so this is a way to give a little treat to people who help me all year. It's really easy to set up. 

This table is on my front porch and all my packages are dropped off here. It is easy to see and easy to grab a snack and/or a drink when someone come by. 

My first step was to clean up the front porch a little. This is a very small porch but it can get dusty and leaves tend to collect in the corner. I swept it clean. 

I wiped the table down too. I wanted it nice and neat before I put out snacks. 

I also made a sign so that everyone would know what the snacks were sitting there for and feel welcome to take some things for themselves. 

I got this bin from Target. I choose it because it is plastic and won't get hurt if the weather is wet. Any bin or box is fine, use whatever you like. 

I bought a variety of snacks and drinks. I picked things that were nonperishable and already in packages so they would stay safe outside. I made sure there was some sweet stuff like candy and chocolate cookies in case someone wants a treat. I also picked some things like cheese and crackers and jerky in case someone doesn't want sweets. When these snacks are gone I will replace them with others... granola bars, dried fruit, chips and trail mix would all be great. I kept the drinks simple and put out water, tea and sports drinks.

I added a Christmas tea towel to make it festive but this isn't really necessary. I tried to set up the bin so it would be easy to see everything. I used a small box to hold the small snacks and keep them neat. 
 
I lined up all the drinks so they were visible. The candy canes wouldn't stand up so I put them in a little container of their own. A coffee mug or cup would work for this too.

I shifted things around until the other snacks fit in the big bin with the drinks.
 
I don't think the specific snacks or drinks matter very much use whatever you want to share with people. I just wanted it to be a thank you to for all my many packages through the year so I didn't worry too much about it. I bring the whole bin inside every evening so the drinks do not freeze solid and explode. I put it back on the porch in the morning. I hope your holidays are happy and wish you all best snacks and treats.
 *Year End Note From Chickie- Based on how fast the snacks and drinks are disappearing, this was a great idea.





 





No comments: