Friday, December 23, 2022

Dressember #7-The Plaid Jacket

 Hello Readers. I have been talking about Dressember every December for the past few years. They do amazing work to fight human trafficking and they do it with a style challenge. I like clothes and dresses especially so, of course, I was in. Dressember estimates that in 2021 there were 50 million people trapped in human trafficking situations worldwide. This problem won't just go away and survivors need help. All my refashions this month are dresses and I am wearing a dress or tie everyday as an advocate.

I have seen so many jackets as dresses.  I thought I would try to make one of my own. I found this jacket a few years ago at a swap and it just screamed Christmas. I used the sleeves last year to make a belt. This year I want to use the jacket itself.

Before and after.

I removed the shoulder pads because they were the largest shoulder pads I had ever seen in my life. I used my seam ripper to unpick the stitches and pulled the pads out of the jacket. 
 
 I wanted to turn the edges of the armholes under so I had a sleeveless look. I turned the edges under and sewed along the edge of the armhole.
 
 I added a strip of Velcro to keep the front of the jacket closed when I walked.  Put the Velcro under the button closure.

The jacket was too low cut for me so I wore a shirt under it. It is definitely a mini dress. What do you think? Would you wear a jacket as a dress? Let me know in the comments. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
*Year End Note From Chickie- This seems like it's only going to be worn at Christmas but I like it a lot.





2 comments:

KD said...

I like it as a dress. It's Christmas-colored, tailored, and unique.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks you so much KD!
It was great for the holidays.
Chickie