Sunday, September 25, 2022

Decorating the Front Porch for Fall with Stuff you Already Have

 Hello Readers. That's right, it's fall, and you want to make the front porch look festive... Like you are in the spirit... Like you cared and tried just a little. But you don't want to spend your whole paycheck at Home Depot to buy more "stuff"? I completely understand. I spruced up my front porch with a bunch of stuff I already had. Read on and I will show you.

 
Fall decor ready!
 
My front porch was tired and dried out from summer and needed a lift.

Summer heat can be rough. The kids destroy stuff. Life happens. Let's get in the fall spirit. What can we use to decorate? Let's start with old clothes.

Go get the sweater vest Grandma Joyce gave you. You never wear it. It's just what we need. If you don't have a festive holiday sweater, try any shirt or sweater in a fall color.

You are not going to wear the sweater. You are going to put the sweater on a big basket. A large flower pot or even a cardboard box will work. Wrap the sweater around the basket and button it up the front. 

Tuck the excess sweater down into your container. You have an instant fall planter. 
 
You can put a new plant in or use something that survived the summer heat. It doesn't really matter, the decorated planter will make a fun fall decor piece.

Next we need some pumpkins. You can buy some or you can make some. That's right, you can make some. If you have kids, his is a fun project for them. You need a shirt. I had this orange shirt so I went with that.

The toilet paper is going to get wrapped with the shirt. You can stuff the excess down in the center and you get a pumpkin shape. 

If you need to, use a pencil or a stick to push the fabric down in the center.

You can make a stem for your pumpkin from brown paper. Let the kids help if you want.

Now really, which is cuter? The real pumpkin or the one we made?

This blue plaid rug was on my back porch but I realized it went better here. The doormat is from summer but it has some orange on it that matched the pumpkin we made. Can it work for fall? I think so. I did buy the giant mum because I saw a lady selling them from the back of a truck. And I like to support the local economy.
 
The final look.

Putting it all together. Happy Fall Y'all.
*Year End Note From Chickie- Total honesty, I forgot to water those mums and they died. Like, quickly too. It was sad.













No comments: