Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Collage Top Pattern Review

 Hello Readers. I recently tried out the new Collage Gather Top pattern from Matchy Matchy Sew Club. I really liked it so let me tell you all about it.

 I made 3 of them. Yes, I really liked it.

When I saw the new Collage Gather Top pattern online I decided to get it. I am really glad I did because it turned out so cute and it's such a great scrap buster too. 
 
I printed the pattern out on my printer, cut it out and put it together. This I was the hardest part for me, but it is nice because I didn't have to go to the store. I could print and cut this out at 11pm.
 
I used fabric samples from my mother-in-law, a stained dress, a "grandma" shirt, my husband's old shirt, tight linen pants, and scraps from a navy blue t-shirt. And maybe one or two other fabrics that I can't remember. It's great to use up pieces that are too small to make a whole garment.
 
This pattern has separate pieces for the center front, center back and multiple shoulder and side pieces. The multiple separate pieces allow you to use lots of different fabrics and mix them up. We all have small pieces that we want to use. I know I have tons of different small pieces in my stash. 
 
The shirt can have long sleeves or very short sleeves that are part of the shoulder pieces. Since it is summer and the world is on fire I decided to make short sleeves.

There are also lower pieces. They make a sort of peplum on the sides. They can also use up even more coordinating pieces from your fabric stash.

I liked this top so much that I made 3 of them. I couldn't stop. I had fun putting different fabrics together.
 
I think this one is my favorite. It has rayon center panels and lace sides, the drape was really pretty.
 

 The heavier weight fabrics would be great for cooler weather too. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- This was such a great pattern. The different pieces made it fun to combine fabrics. The heavier linen I chose was too heavy for a shirt, I recommend lighter weight fabrics for this one.









 




No comments: