Friday, January 21, 2022

Mother Son Flannel

 It's been a rough week or so at my house. My youngest was sick. And then the older son got it. It's actually the perfect time for these cozy flannel clothes. 

 
Before and after.
 
We all need cozy clothes to wear at home while we eat chicken noodle soup, right?

 
These were men's flannel pajama pants so I had plenty of fabric to make some shorts for myself. I could have made pants but I wanted to make something else as well.

I used a pair of sweat pants to make my son a pair of plaid pajama pants.
 
I cut out 2 legs and put them together. 

I added some stretchy ribbing as a waistband. 
 
I told my son we had to take a picture of these pants. I offered candy as a bribe. Without any direction, he struck a casual yet professional pose.
 
I removed the Italia logo from the sweatshirt to see what I had left to work with. . 

Then I decided to cut the sweatshirt up the front so it would be open like a jacket. I replaced the logo with left over plaid fabric.

I had a matching casual pajama set that was perfect for being lazy and staying home with my son.He is sick but the fever is gone and he is back to playing with Legos all day. I hope y'all are well. Get plenty of fluids and rest. And go make something fun for yourself, if you are up to it. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- These matching jammies were fun and the open sweatshirt was actually nice to wear. It was better for taking on and off if I got too warm. 
 





2 comments:

jenny_o said...

Hope everyone is feeling better now and that mom and dad didn't get the bug! Stay well.

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Jenny,
I wish I could say we did not get it but you know how kids are. They spread germs to everyone. Its OK, a lot of people have Covid and are struggling. We are just stuffy. Our doctor said we will be fine.
Thanks for the well wishes. :)
Chickie