Friday, January 14, 2022

Get Cozy

Hello Readers. I feel like hibernating for a week or 2. Does anyone else feel that way? It's cold and the sun sets early, I just want to hide under a blanket.

Before and after.

This sweatshirt has been in my drawer for a long time. I would wear it occasionally but I did not love it. And these gray sweatpants were a hand-me-down from my mom. They were a little big. I wanted something soft and cozy to wear so I grabbed these and got to work. 

What I really liked about this sweatshirt was the inside. The reverse side of the fabric was more colorful and fun. I decided to turn the sweatshirt inside out. I unpicked the stitches from this tag and removed it to start.

I also cut the front pocket off the sweatshirt. I saved it so I could re-attach it later.

I wanted to make the shirt shorter so I cut the waistband off and then cut some of the middle of the shirt out. I removed about 3 inches. 

I used my serger to connect the waistband and the shirt again. I stitched the waistband on as you see above and then...

When I was done sewing I flipped the waistband down and the sewing is hidden inside.

I shortened the sleeves and re-attached the wrist cuffs the same way. I also re-attached the front pocket. 

These sweatpants were a straight leg style and I wanted a jogger style. I tapered the legs and added cuffs.
I used these old sweatshirt cuffs to make cuffs at the ankles of these new joggers. 

I was able to add a small hip pocket from the extra fabric. 

I actually had 2 pairs of these gray sweatpants so I was able to make a pair of tiny joggers for my youngest. He still likes it when he matches me or his dad. I know he will outgrow it soon but for now we are "twinsies".

I had already cut up this pair of sweatpants for another project but there was enough for a small pair of pants. I made an elastic waist.
 
We were both relaxing in our cozy lounge wear. (I gave him a donut to get this picture.) Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
*Year End Note From Chickie- I wear these joggers all the time but I don't know what happened to this sweat shirt. What did I do with it? I need to investigate this.
 

 


2 comments:

jenny_o said...

Oh, I love the colours on the inside (now the outside) of that sweater! Great idea.

And I love that your son still likes to be dressed like his parents. That is sweet.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Jenny! He likes it for now. I know it won't last.
They all grow up. :)
Chickie