Friday, January 28, 2022

Add Lace

Hello Readers. We have come to the end of January and I hope you were able to stay warm and cozy all month. This sweatshirt was warm and cozy but it was also plain and could use some fun and excitement. 

 
Before and after.

This sweatshirt is about as exciting as plain oatmeal. There just isn't anything fun about it.
 

When I saw this brown sweater I did not like it that much. It was not a pretty color and it looks like used coffee grounds. There was another problem. The placement of the lace made the whole shirt see-thru in places I would not want to be seen. I don't know who decided the shear lace should be on the chest of a woman's shirt but it just didn't work for me.

It had one thing I did like and that was the off-white lace. I could take all the pretty lace trim from this brown shirt and use it on my sweatshirt. I could use the pretty lace and also make sure my new shirt would cover what I thought it should cover. I only used the cotton lace. I left the cheap brow polyester lace behind with the used coffee grounds.

 
I also had some lace in my stash I could use.
 
 
I cut the neckband off and I used a small zigzag stitch and attached the lace around the neck. 
 
I used the lace as a collar. I also cut the wrist cuffs off the sweatshirt and added the lace to the ends of the sleeves.

I also added the narrow lace around the back of the neck. I had just enough.

 
 I was feeling monochromatic so I grabbed these super long tan pants. 
 
They came from the fence next to my dentist's office. They said "FREE", so I took them home. (This is a small town.)

They just needed to be shortened and hemmed. They were just my size but way too long
 
I did some cutting and some hemming. 

I was having a really VERY BIG hair day but the clothes came together really well. I liked the lace on the sweatshirt. It added interest and texture. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
*Year End Note From Chickie- I still really love the lace added to this sweatshirt. Somehow it seems dressy but it's still just a cozy sweatshirt

2 comments:

KD said...

The lace trim added to the gray sweatshirt really dresses it up. I am having a look around my refashion stash for some forgotten lace.

I Can Work With That said...

Hi KD!
Use that stash, I love when I can use what I have on hand.
Chickie