Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Summer Shorts

 Hello Readers. The sun is shining, the days are warmer and it's time to think about wearing shorts and t-shirts. I don't know what the weather is like where you live but in my area it gets hot and humid. The time to prepare is now. Do any of last summers clothes fit? Do I need something new to complete my summer wardrobe? This brings me back to the beginning, shorts and t-shirts. 


This purple dress was such a pretty color. It said it was a size small. It did not seem to be working for me but there was plenty of fabric to make a t-shirt.

I also got this hand-me-down skirt with a little purple pinstripe. I wanted to put them together..could I make this skirt into a pair of shorts? Let's refashion!


I decided to make the skirt into a pair of shorts. I even used a pattern. Usually, when I sew,  I just make it up as I go along. If I want these shorts to have 2 evenly sized legs, I need a pattern. I thought if I placed the pattern on top of the side zipper on the skirt, I could keep the zipper in the right place for my shorts.


The zipper idea worked! I put the shorts together and the side zipper of the skirt was on the side of the shorts, just like I wanted. All I had to do was hem the legs of the shorts and I was done. 


The purple dress was easy to convert into a t-shirt. I used a shirt I already had as a guide and copied its size and shape. 


I had a new outfit ready for the heat and humidity of summer. 


Enjoy this warm weather everyone!

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I loved these colors but I haven't worn this since summer.


2 comments:

kitblu said...

Imagine if you had enough of the blue fabric left for a bag! Not that bags are your jam, just thinking of (myself +) colour. Can't wait to see what you do next.

I Can Work With That said...

Hi kitblu,
A bag in that fabric would have been amazing for summer. Very clever idea too.
Chickie