Friday, May 7, 2021

Cropped Tie-Front Jacket

 Hello Readers. My daughter got this loose light blue jacket from a swap. She liked it but eventually passed it on to me. You know I love free clothes to refashion, so here we are. 


This jacket was light and thin so it would have been perfect for layering. The problem was that it was one of those "One Size Fits All" garments. Really, it did not fit me at all. It was just too loose in the arms and body, even when tied. So sad!


I knew this would be an easy fix. I needed to make longer sleeves and a more narrow body to provide a more flattering shape. It did not need to be tight, it just needed more shape. You can see the sleeves I made in this picture. I looked at this picture and tapered the body even more. Sometimes when I refashion, it is one step at a time until I get the fit I want.

I took 4-5 inches out of each side. I used a zigzag stitch to close the new side seams. I did not want any fraying inside my new jacket. The reason I love sewing is that you can remake any of your clothes into whatever you want them to be.


My new jacket was done in no time. Well, almost no time. The tie at the waist pulled the sides in even more and gave the whole jacket a flattering but still loose fit. The sleeves are more defined so I don't look like a light blue blob anymore.


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-This jacket was easier to wear after I refashioned it. I really liked it and wore it a lot in spring and summer.

No comments: