Friday, May 28, 2021

Another Dress of Shirts

 Hello Readers. I found myself with a pile of shirts on my refashion rack. And I am trying to use up my stash. What can you make from a pile of shirts? Lots of things! Today's post is about another dress made of shirts. 

My refashion stash has a lot of shirts in, so I needed to find a way to use them. I made a maxi-dress last week. I wanted to make something shorter this time. I pulled together the shirts that had harmonious colors. 

I adjusted the straps on this tank top so it wouldn't be so low cut. This will be perfect under the peachy colored shirt. The peachy is very lacey and sheer so the tank top will give some needed coverage.  

 

 

The next step was to add a skirt piece to this dress. This burgundy t-shirt is big enough to fit around my hips as a skirt. Men's big and tall t-shirts are great for this. I cut the shoulder and sleeve part of this shirt off the body. The body of the shirt is just a tube that will make a great skirt. What will I use as a waistband to keep the skirt on?

This peachy shirt has elastic in the waistband. It can be the waistband of this dress. I attached the peachy colored shirt to the big burgundy t-shirt. I stretched the peachy shirt as I stitched. I had pinned them together earlier so that the burgundy shirt would be gathered evenly all the way around. 

My new dress is finished. It was comfy and soft because it was all cozy knit material. The peach shirt hold the full skirt in place just right. I wore the tank top under the peachy shirt so that I was fully covered and would not flash anyone.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I loved this dress. I liked the colors and the lacy top. I never wore it again though. I need to go find it in the spring and wear it again.












No comments: