Friday, October 9, 2020

When The Dress Is Too Short

  Hello Readers. How are you doing? I hope you are holding up the best you can. I see and hear craziness in the news and I am sure you do too. Ugh! It can't go on like this forever...... Right?

 Sometimes clothing doesn't fit as intended, it needs a bit of help. Today's post is about a dress that just needed a little change to be great.

 This dress was cute but it was too short on me. This has only happened a couple times in my life. I am really short, 5' is short. Dresses are never too short for me. This dress is a rare find. I could have worn it over a pair of leggings just like this but I can't wear leggings to work so....
 

 I didn't do that. I decided to shorten the dress into a flowy loose top. I could wear it to work with a jacket or sweater and look business casual. 

Here is a look at this new top and my new normal work look. The mask is mandatory at my work place and the ponytail makes it easier to wear the mask. Am I wearing make-up on my eyes and forehead only? Yes! Did I really skip the lower half of my face? Yes! Do I regret it? No! Am I embarrassed? No! I am winning this mask game! Saving time and saving money on make-up.


 Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

2 comments:

KD said...

I really like the fabric, and think less is more for this print. The black banding around the neck and armholes makes a smart outfit of this top paired with your slim black trousers.

I Can Work With That said...

That is a good point KD. The bold print is very dominant. A little goes a long way.
Thanks for the comment.
Chickie