Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The Flowy Jacket

 Hello Readers. I love layering pieces but sometimes they don't always love me.

 This jacket was just one of those pieces. I loved the colors and the design of the material. It looks a bit like a bathrobe. The material is in great shape but the fun fringe is worn out.

I cut the fringe off. It was a little faded and tangled. It was best to just remove it. Some things can't be fixed. It's OK to let them go.

 I really wanted to make those sleeves more narrow and make the body of the jacket more fitted. I hemmed the bottom after I had the side seams done.

  

What would I wear with the jacket? Well the color of these stretchy pants was wonderful. The thick stretchy fabric was really soft and nice but they made me look frumpy and I didn't like the look of them when I actually put them on. I thought they would make a great skirt.

I cut the inside seams open and folded the pants so the sides were laid flat. You can see the crotch of the pants flairs out. I pinned them to make straight seams so I would have a pencil skirt.

I did some sewing and cut off the excess. I checked the length and made a hem at the bottom.

This skirt was nice with the new jacket.

I was pretty happy with how these pieces turned out. I wore it to the doctor for a boring check-up. My son is very healthy but I found out that his Epi Pen expired 6 months ago. I am expecting my "mom of the Year" award any day now.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.


5 comments:

KD said...

I like the multiple prints in the wrapper, and the pairing of the turquoise top and the olive skirt. In my opinion you can never go wrong pairing blue and green. Good job!

KD said...

P.S.
Don't beat yourself up too badly for not noticing an expiration date. There have been lots of worrisome distractions in the last 6 months!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much for the kind comments KD. I think you are right about the blue and green combo. It never fails.
And I am going to try and check the meds more often.
Chickie

jenny_o said...

I think every mom has at least a few of those mom-award moments in their resumes ... I know I do. Love the skirt and wrapper, and your comment that some things can't be fixed and it's okay to let them go. That is a pretty deep thought, actually :)

I Can Work With That said...

Hello Jenny,
I guess we all mess-up with our kids, but why did it have to be at the doctor's office in front of the doctor!?! Hahaha, oh well.
C'est la vie!
Chickie