Wednesday, October 7, 2020

The Leftover Vest

 Hello Readers. Sometimes refashioning can leave you with a lot of fabric scraps. I always try to use everything. I don't like to waste anything. Today's post is about a project I did to make sure I used all material from this red and white dress. 

 I made pajamas from the skirt of this dress but what about the top. It shouldn't just be thrown away.

I started by opening the front where it was connected in the front of the dress. I cut the corners off the front panels and used a zigzag stitch to close up the raw edges.


I turned those zigzag edges under and stitched them down. I added a couple of white buttons to make it look more finished.

The bottom edge was still unfinished. I didn't want the vest to be any shorter so I didn't turn it under to hem it. I added some white grosgrain ribbon to cover the raw edge. The ribbon had a beige stitching design that I thought was cute.

The top of the dress made a fun colorful vest. I like layering pieces like this so this will be a great addition to my closet.


 Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

4 comments:

KD said...

I love that little "statement" vest! Wouldn't it be fun to wear it for lunch out with friends or family? If only.....

I Can Work With That said...

Hello KD,
It would be nice to go out and be carefree again. Someday it will happen.
Thanks for the comment.
Chickie

jenny_o said...

Oh, that's so cute!!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much Jenny!