Friday, October 2, 2020

Dress to Pajamas

 Hello Readers. This just doesn't feel like the time to dress up. It's time to wear pajamas and hide out. I already voted so hibernation sounds pretty good to me at this point. So, join me for a quick and easy pajama refashion.

I found this dress at a clothes swap back in the olden day when we used to go out and do stuff freely. I thought it was really pretty fabric but it turned out to be a little big and low in the bodice.

This dress was cute but not really needed at this point. It also had a sash to tie around the waist. That seemed like it would be useful for a refashion project.

 I cut the dress in half and used the skirt to make pajama shorts. That seemed like the most useful thing I could make in 2020. (Next time I will show you what I did with the top of the dress.)

My husband decided he did not need a couple black t-shirts and they have been waiting in my stash.

 I took the body of the t-shirt and used the sash from the dress to make a pajama top with wide straps.

I used a pattern to cut out and put together a pair of loose pajama shorts from the skirt. I really wanted to make pajama pants but the skirt was not long enough.

 
I thought the pajamas were cute but mornings are not cute. I am not a morning person. I think mornings are rough. Maybe new pajamas can help? It doesn't look like it though.
 
 
Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 

 

 

 

 

No comments: