Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Tie-Dye Lounge Wear

Hello Readers. How are you doing? I have been working on more lounge wear lately. Is it lounge wear if we never go anywhere anymore? If staying home is the new normal, are these are just clothes? I'm not sure anymore. You might be at work at this point. And you might be out in the street demonstrating and pushing for social justice. Some of you might be on vacation. For me, my wardrobe depends on the day.

I found this casual tie-dye "dress" at a clothes swap long ago. Honestly, I don't know if it is a men's shirt or a dress. Let's go with dress. I could wear it as-is or I could get to work making something I liked better. You can probably guess what I did.

I decided this dress was long enough to make 2 things. I used a pattern to cut out pieces for a pair of shorts from the bottom of the dress.

I cut out the pieces. Snip. Snip.

The extra fabric looked like enough for a pocket.

Yes, that looks like a pocket. Now, these shorts need a waistband.

I decided to use the band from the bottom of this scrap of sweatshirt.

I cut it apart so I had just the white band.

I threaded plain white elastic through it to make an elastic waistband.

I made the shirt a little more narrow on each side. That was easy but the shirt was pretty plain so I cut a scrap piece into a long "string".

I made tiny holes all the way around the hem of the  shirt and threaded the new string in and out. I gathered it just a little tighter.

I think this is my first tie-dye clothing. Ever.
Do my favorite Chucks match really well? Yes. Yes, they do.

Did I do anything really exciting in this new outfit? If you like sidewalk chalk then...yes I did!

Thanks for reading along. Now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: