Friday, June 5, 2020

Going to Work in the Heat

Hello Readers. Thanks for coming to the blog and reading this post. There is a lot going on in our world. I will be the first to admit that sewing isn't nearly as important as the massive racial and social justice movement going on right now. I think it's natural if you are more focused on that right now.
I still have to go to work...
It is getting really hot...
 I refashioned these to wear today...
So I figured I would post this blog entry.

This seemed like such a great summer shirt. It had a built in bra and it was super soft. The problem was that the key-hole in the bust was really too much. It was like a cleavage coin slot. The armholes were also a little too low on the sides. There was a little too much side boob showing.

I used my sewing machine and closed the key-hole. Now more cleavage show.

I also took the armholes in a little. It was enough to keep everything tucked in where it was supposed to be.

I shortened the pants quite a bit. I wanted some cropped wide legged pants. I made some last summer that were great for hot days. I really liked them but I can't fit into them right now. (Thanks Corona!) A new pair is just what I need.

(I was sewing and my youngest was playing Legos next to me. I made the yellow house.)

This pants turned out great for casual office wear. And tank tops are always useful alone or under something else.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: