Friday, June 19, 2020

Summer Shorts


Hello Readers. Sometimes my sewing isn't very exciting. It is just basic clothes for the season I'm in. And sometimes my sewing isn't even for me.

*** SHORTS 1***
These shorts were great but the waist and legs seemed just a bit too big. Trying to get the right fit in the waist, hips and legs all at the same time requires alterations. At least for me.

These shorts needed a little taken off each side.

The only concern with new side seams is the metal rivets at the hip pocket. You can see here I avoided the rivet the first time I tried sewing this new seam. I had to go back and make sure I didn't stitch right over the metal. The location of the rivets dictated my side seams.

This is not a thrilling refashion but I needed shorts desperately.

***SHORTS 2***
My daughter gets all the credit for this one. She wanted to make her black romper more exciting. She started embroidering flowers and made this romper into a one of a kind piece of clothing.

Look at those flowers. So pretty!

***SHORTS 3***
These little gym shorts are for my youngest. He needed some more shorts too. I remember my mom making shorts from our pants as a kid. The tradition continues.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: