Friday, June 12, 2020

The Big Peplum

Hello Readers. How are you? Are you stressing out because the world is getting a good strong shake-up? There is so much going on. Some truly good, some bad, some truly awful. It's been a super busy week. Sewing helps me deal with stress so here I am, just stitching away.

This shirt was a hand-me-down from my daughter. I liked the stripes but the placement of this peplum made me look really pregnant. (I admit some of it was excess Corona quarantine snacking.)

I didn't want to change the top half of the shirt. I just wanted to make the bottom half of the shirt smaller. I cut wedges out the shirt to make that peplum smaller. It was just too full for me. I wanted it to be loose enough to skim over my hips but tight enough to look like a NOT pregnant woman.

This shirt has a better fit now.

I thought I would like it for work with this striped jacket because the colors and lengths match. What do you think? Stripes on stripes? The jacket is for work to cover my shoulders and keep me from freezing in the air conditioning. The sleeveless shirt is great for the ride home in the hot car.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

4 comments:

KD said...

I love the reverse stripes on the top and cardigan together. I like the slight peplum effect of the top. On the internet I see photos of women of all shapes looking nice in peplum tops. I have been trying for years to make a peplum top that would look good on me. For myself, a wide peplum makes me look wide. You have the perfect solution. Thanks for the idea!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment KD! I hope it works for you too. I find peplums difficult to fit/wear too.
Chickie

jenny_o said...

Stripes on stripes - yes!
Great job on streamlining that top. It's strange, isn't it, how a looser fit can make a person look heavier rather than lighter. It doesn't seem logical, but it's true.

I Can Work With That said...

Hi jenny_o. Thanks for the comment. Big clothes make me look bigger that's for sure. I am always trying to find the right balance. Life lesson?? :)
Chickie