Friday, June 26, 2020

The Hot Sauce Dress

Hello Readers. How are you doing today? I hope you are doing well and doing good where ever you are today. I am feeling awesome today because of this new sundress.

I found this fun men's shirt at a swap while back and love the graphic on the front. It was awesome! I could have been left alone and worn as pajamas (Quarantine means pajamas 24/7 right?) but I wanted more from this shirt.

I began by cutting out 2 rectangle pieces from the front and back of the shirt. I wanted the hot sauce image to be centered in the front. I made a basic tube dress shape.

I also cut some strips of fabric to use later as shoulder straps.

I made a casing at the top of the dress for some elastic. The elastic pulled the dress in and made the top fit well. I didn't want any gaping or cleavage. I attached those 4 pieces of fabric I cut earlier in front and back to make some shoulder straps. They tie as tight as needed to make the dress fit well too. They are also wide enough to cover bra straps. (That is nice if you nursed 3 children and you need a real bra.)

This dress has some stretch to it so it was easy to fit.

And its so much fun to wear!

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: