Friday, September 13, 2019

Stripes; 2 of 2

Hello Readers. This striped dress fit a little wonky and it had to be fixed somehow. Why? What was the problem?

The dress fit pretty well and I liked it but, the back was shorter than the front. At least the back looked shorter when I wore it. Maybe it was me and my back end...whatever... I couldn't wear it like this.

I put it on my dress form and measured to make sure I made an even hem. Cut, cut, cut. It turned into a cute peplum top.

I turned the edge under and used my machine to stitch it down.

I liked the end result and I think it layers nicely too. Cool weather is coming soon, at least it should be coming. It is almost boiling outside as I type this..

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 ***Year End update-I never wore this again. I thought I liked the peplum but it got on my nerves.

No comments: