Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A Salvaged Mirror

 Hello Readers. I like to do projects around the house. I like to decorate and redecorate with thrifted finds when I can. It's fun and inexpensive. This mirror was given to me by a sweet lady named Sharon. (Thanks Sharon!)


When she gave it to me it was black and glittery. I liked the size and shape but I didn't think the color was my style.


Here is a close up of the glittery black paint. I figured a new coat of paint in a new color could make it more neutral.


I used this inexpensive gold craft paint to paint over the black paint. I did 2 coats of paint and let it dry over night.


I slid some index cards in between the frame of the mirror and the glass itself. This kept the paint off of the glass and made for easy clean up. I am a very sloppy painter and I always try to stay nice and neat.


I hung the mirror in the entry way by my front door. I saw the piano in the reflection and then I was like, hey............


Maybe the mirror would look good on top the piano. OK, I am not sure where to hang it now. I am going to put it somewhere.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

***   BONUS TRACK   ***

Some of my sewing is pretty hum-drum and boring. I had several extra large sweaters that I wanted to resize and wear.


I used a sweater the fit well as a guide and marked new seams. I used a zigzag stitch on my machine and made new seams. I did this in January, if you want to see more.


After sewing I cut off the excess fabric from the inside of the sweaters. There were so many scraps from these sweaters. I am not sure what I can do with them.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

*Year end update- That mirror is hanging in my entryway by the front door. It's perfect. And the sweaters found their way to my daughters closet so she could wear them to work. 

No comments: