Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Mellow Yellow Dress

Hello Readers. I love dresses, how about you? I also love to refashion big button down shirts too. Today we have both, in a nice sunny shade of yellow. I used this yellow tank as the top and a plaid men's shirt as the skirt.


I began by removing the sleeves and shoulders of the shirt. I made my cut right through the front pocket. It doesn't look big enough to make a skirt here but it is a men's XXL. There is plenty of fabric here to make a nice skirt..


Look at that cute plaid pattern, it's adorable. I removed the rest of the pocket by unpicking the threads.


I attached the two shirts at the waist and stitched the new seam twice to help control any fraying. It will be inside so it won't show but I don't want it to be too ragged. It was a simple straight dress. I added a belt to break up all the yellow. It helps cinch in the waist. If the fit isn't perfect, a belt can really help. I put the shirt buttons in the back of the skirt, just for fun.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

2 comments:

jenny_o said...

This looks so cool and comfortable for a hot day - and good idea to sew down the button placket. I love the colours.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Jenny_o. I like the happy yellow too. A last bit of summer I guess.