Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Re-wrapping the Wrap Shirt

Hello Readers. I wanted to fix this wrap shirt. There isn't anything wrong with it. It is just a little big and it's just too low cut. But I love the color so much and I need some tops in my wardrobe.


I cut the front, but not in the middle. I cut it up the side so the cut would meet one side of the V cut neckline. I wanted to just pull the shirt tighter and make it less low cut. 


I stitched it closed along the cut in the mid-section and I closed the V neck so I could wear it without a shirt under it.


You can see the difference in the neckline on the dress form. It is much less low now.  This was a quick project but it made a huge difference. 

Much too low!                                            Now, it's just right!

Here is my new/old shirt. I love the new fit and I can wear it more easily now.



Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


2 comments:

jenny_o said...

I love what you did with this. I had a similar top, also too large and low cut for me, and did something different - I cut the top apart (above the horizontal seam) and tightened up the fit in the same way you did, but made a small pleat or fold to take in the excess material in the lower part of the shirt. I'm not sure I like it as well as yours, but it's another option. I'm going to add a couple of buttons at the pleat; they will be located right under the horizontal seam.) How did you finish the cut edge; is it simply turned under before stitching? Great job!

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Jenny_o. I like your idea, buttons sound like a nice touch. My shirt is just turned under and stitched, nothing else, very simple. Lazy seamstress. haha