Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Baby Clothes Display Shelf

Hello Readers. I saw that my neighbors were getting rid of this shelf, so I took it. That's right, I took it. As soon as I saw it I knew what it should be.


As you can see. it was a little beat up and it appeared that it had been chewed on a little by their dog. That's OK, I can work with this.


I sanded the rough damaged areas with some sand paper. I didn't try to make it perfectly smooth, I just wanted to get the worst of the chips off.


I dusted it off and started painting with this white paint. The shelf isn't the important part of the end project, it is just going to be used to hang some special things.


It took a few coats to really cover the original brown wood. I painted really heavily on the scratches to help fill them in.


When I finished it was a nice clean fresh white. The flat paint makes the rough spots less prominent. Glossy would have made them stand out more. And it will be hung on a white wall which will also help it blend in.


It made a great display shelf for some of my little guys cutest outgrown clothes. These are all special for different reasons, so it is sweet for me to see them.  


It looks nice above his dresser. While I was hanging the clothes he was emptying the container of baby wipes. It's his new favorite activity.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

2 comments:

jenny_o said...

What a great idea so you get to enjoy those little outfits longer. My grandson is into the baby wipe emptying stage, too. It's magic, right? You pull one, then another, then another ... I can see why they find it entertaining :)

I Can Work With That said...

Hahaha Exactly Jenny_o. It is like magic to them or something. He is always trying to grab the container if he sees it.