Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Black Pants 1.0

Hello Readers. I have a few pairs of pants I need to work on. I am going to do them all in a row for fun. Today is the first pair. These are lightweight black pants or trousers. My tall daughter gave them to me. She could wear them as they were. Me? No way!


These pants fit so well until you look at the bottom of the legs. Ugh, seriously long here. High heels will not correct this problem. They need to be shortened obviously. I decided to make them into shorts. Making shorts should be easy right? I have made horrible shorts in the past. They always seem too tight or too loose. These are fitting well so I decided to try it.


I used a pair of shorts I liked as a guide. I made sure to line up the crotch and leave enough length to make new hems on each leg.


I got the new hems all finished. It is hard to see but I cut off the lower half of the back pockets. The extra fabric bunched up when I wore them so I just cut them out and stitched the cut edges to stop any fraying.


What is this? I didn't feel like getting the iron out and found that the flat iron for my hair works great on hems and edges. It applies heat from both sides and pressed my new hems in no time.


My new shorts are all finished. They were a quick and easy project and they will come in handy as the weather gets hotter and hotter. Shorts are fun, you can make them any length you want.


Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.


No comments: