Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Denim Skirt: It's All In The Thread

Good Morning Readers. Today's project is a classic denim skirt. I have wanted one for years but I never found one that fit well. This skirt is in great shape it just needs to be taken in a bit and it needs to be shortened too.


I want to shorten this skirt and I want the new hem to look like it did when it was made. The thread used in denim is usually heavier than the average, everyday thread I use in my sewing.  


Here is the spool of thread I use for denim. I got this at the local WalMart. It is with all the other thread. I hope you can find it a store near you. I think it looks much better.


I took this skirt in on the sides and shortened it as well. Measure carefully and try it on before you cut away the sides. It is easy to take out the new seam and sew it over if it is too tight.


This skirt is great. It won't wrinkle and it matches almost everything. It won't blow around in the wind this winter either. 


Thanks for reading. Now go make something fabulous for yourself.


No comments: