Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Simplicity 1165 Pant

 Hello Readers. It's Me-Made-May! That means wearing and sharing about the clothes you have made. I made these tapered pants a few days ago. The pattern was easy to follow and they have pockets!! This pattern was Simplicity 1165. It also had a shorts pattern included as well as the pants..

Before and after.

When I saw this pattern the pants on the model reminded me of this fabric I had in my stash. I had just barely enough to make these pants. I always seem to have just enough but no more.

I had to iron and cut out my paper pattern pieces so I could cut the fabric pieces accurately. 
 
I used my serger to put most of this together. This fabric would fray inside and the seams would be messy. I tried them on as soon as the legs were connected. I wanted to see how they fit before I put the waistband on. I am glad I did because the waist was way too big. The hips fit well so I was able to take the waist in a little before I put the waistband on. 

The waistband was elastic and the pattern had a classic casing. 

Clearly I had to shorten the legs. If I had measured how long the pattern legs were in comparison to my legs I could have adjusted them earlier. That's OK. I cut some of this length off and hemmed them. 

I liked how the pants turned out and I am excited to make more things for Me-Made-May. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- These were so fun and I love the colors. They were light and more appropriate for warmer weather. It is too cold for these now.



 
 

 





No comments: