Friday, April 21, 2023

Changing a Bland Colored Dress

 Hello Readers. It is finally warm enough to wear dresses without freezing! I love that. My daughter gave me this tie-dye dress and it had a lot going for it. But the color was sad and Zzzzzz....

Before and after.

This dress was cotton. It fit. It had pockets. I loved it. But I have never seen such a sad washed out gray dress in my life. It was tie-dye, which I liked but this was the saddest tie-dye ever. Tye-dye is supposed to be fun! This dress looked like a rainy day. I had to do something.

I decided to call on an old friend. Rit Dye. *Not an ad.

I made a hot bath in a pan on the stove for my dress as the directions said on the bottle. 

I liked how the dye turned out. There were a couple spots that were lighter than the rest of the dress. I think it looks OK because of the tie-dye. Next time I dye something I think I will use my washer. I think I get more even color in the washing machine.

The color is so much more upbeat that it was before and that works for me. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- I am so glad I dyed this dress. It made such a big difference.






No comments: