Friday, April 14, 2023

An Easy Elastic Waist Skirt

 Hello Readers. My daughter gave me this fabulous sewing machine fabric. It was part of a mystery box from Mood Fabrics. She didn't want it. Can you believe that?? The piece was a rectangle 52" by 24". The shape seemed like it would make a quick and easy skirt. I love to wear skirts in warm weather so I went with that idea.

I sewed a skirt of sewing machines!

This fabric was so cool. It had old vintage machines and newer models too. 

I serged all the edges because it was fraying a little.

I ironed the edge down so I could hem it smoothly. I also connected the 2 sides of my rectangle to make a tube shape. That was the basis my skirt. But it needed a waistband.
 
I wanted a comfortable cozy waistband so elastic was the way to go. 
 
My new skirt was done. 
 
I liked everything about it especially the stretch waist. I can eat as many cookies as I want and it won't get too tight. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
***Year End Update- This sewing fabric is always going to be a favorite and it made a great skirt that goes with  a lot. 

 

 

 








No comments: