Friday, February 25, 2022

Pink T-shirt as Lining

 Hello Readers. I am refashioning all red and pink items this month because Valentine's Day was this month and it inspired my color theme for February. I like red and pink so it seemed like a great idea to me. This long pink shirt was perfect material for refashioning.

 
Before and after.
 
This pink shirt has some problems. It was thin and clingy. It was very big but it had tiny tight arm sleeves. (It made me think of this scene from "Meet the Robinsons".) The fit of it didn't make a lot of sense to me but the color was fabulous. Let's give it a new life. 

This tank top was made of such pretty lace. It is too sheer to wear alone but I had an idea. What if I gave it a lining? Like a pink lining? You see what I was thinking right?

I used the lace tank as a pattern and cut the pink shirt into a tank top shape. It did not need to be perfect because it would be inside the lace tank but I had to cut the big pink shirt down into a tank top shape.

My new tank was easy to cut out. I made new side seams so my pink tank was pretty close in size and shape to the lace tank top. 

I love how the lace looks over the pink. It looks like an old-fashioned lacey Valentine. 

I was able to connect the edges of the 2 tank tops together using a zigzag stitch. I simply stitched along edge of the neckline and the edge of the arm holes. It was easy and fast work. The lace tank hides any imperfections in the pink tank top I made. 
 
I could wear this tank alone or ... 
 
 I could wear it with a sweater. It will be great in spring and summer by itself, for now I need to stay warm with a sweater. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- This tank is so simple but I love it. The color is a great pink but it's not too much pink. It's one of my favorite refashions of the year.


4 comments:

KD said...

This looks very pretty, and wearable in spring and summer. Sometimes I pass up on lace garments in thrift shops, because they seem too fancy for my lifestyle. The underlined lace tank seems like it could be styled in more casual ways to fit in to my wardrobe. Thanks for the idea!

I Can Work With That said...

I loved the look of the lace too. It just needed more coverage.
Chickie

jenny_o said...

So pretty! I love pink but sometimes I like toned-down pink even more :)

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Jenny!
I know what you mean sometimes pink can be too much. It depends on my mood maybe.
Chickie