Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Pom-pom Sweater

 Hello Readers. It is still February and I am still doing a series of red and pink refashions in honor of Valentine's Day. Today's post is about a fun and easy sweater refashion.

 Before and after. 

 This attached scarf seemed bulky and heavy. It just felt big and puffy. I loved the red color but not the big scarf. 


 
I decided to cut the scarf off. I just cut close to the sweater but tried to avoid cutting the sweater itself. Now I had to cover up those rough cut edges. They don't look good and they will fray.
 
I had this cute pompom trim in my sewing stash of stuff. I made sure my trim was long enough to cover all the edges of the sweater that I cut. This trim will cover the rough cut edges  sewing it on the cut areas will keep the sweater from fraying. 

I used a zigzag stitch to attach the trim to the sweater. It was easy as pie to put this together. The zigzag will keep those cut edges under control and the trim will hide all the cut edges really well.

 
I liked the pompoms. They were a lot of fun. They were also smaller and less bulky than the scarf was. 
 
My sweater was great with my refashioned jeans from my last post. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
*Year End Note From Chickie- I still like the pom poms. This was perfect for Christmas too.



 

2 comments:

jenny_o said...

That is just so cute! Much better proportions and a bit of whimsy :)

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment. I love that description!
'Whimsy" is a great word!
Chickie