Friday, October 29, 2021

The Last Minute Dragon

 Hello Readers. How are you doing? I am late, behind schedule and just all over the place in general. My mom had a stroke. She is recovering well but there has been a lot of back and forth so my schedule is a little off. I am happy and relieved my mom is doing better and everything else will work itself out too. But there is a little guy who wants to be a dragon. I am the sewing mom and I needed to get something together. 

I started with a red sweatshirt that was a hand-me-down and some red sweatpants. These are easy to find basics.

 I had to paint over the logo on the sweatshirt. I used a little acrylic paint to hide the white printing. 

The red paint will help hide that logo and so will the yellow chest I stitched on the front of the shirt.

The dragon from a favorite book, "There's No Such Thing As Dragons",  also has a yellow chest/belly so that is my inspiration. 

I added a couple horns to the hood of the sweatshirt. I cut out 4 horn shapes. I sewed 2 pieces together and added it to one side of the hood and then I did the same on the other side. 

I also made a little mask to attach to the front of the hood with Velcro. Do dragons have teeth? I assume yes.

You can see the Velcro on each side of the hood. There are pieces of Velcro on the back of the mask. The Velcro will let him take the mask on and off.

Now we get to the part where I cheated a little. We already had this dragon tail blanket/sleeping bag thing. This was ready to go and saved a lot of time. You can find them on Amazon. 

I filled it with balloons to fill out the tail and attached it to the sweatshirt. It has wings and spikes down the back. 

 It has wings and spikes down the back.

 


He said I sewed it very nicely and he just wanted some candy. I did give him some M&M's for taking these pictures.

I was happy I got it done before the weekend. I hope you are all well and I hope you get a lot of candy. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-He got candy and got to be a dragon. Win-Win!



No comments: