Wednesday, October 27, 2021

T-shirt to Treat Bag

 Hello Readers. Halloween is coming. I don't like creepy spooky stuff. It freaks me out. I do like candy and so do my kids. I usually try to find something fun and candy related for my kids to do. My youngest wants to be a dragon and he would definitely like some candy. Where is he going to put all that candy? In this fun bag that he helped make. 

I started with a black t-shirt. Any t-shirt will do. 

I cut the neck area and the sleeves off the shirt. It won't fray so I just got to the cutting. Those narrow shoulder pieces are the handles of out new bag. 

The next thing I did was very important. I used my sewing machine to stitch across the bottom of the shirt. The bag needs to be closed because it needs to hold all that important candy. If your child is planning on really loading this bag up with candy make sure you make this seam very strong and secure.

Now, it was time for some fun. We wanted a jack-o-lantern on our bag. I used some chalk to give my child a pumpkin shape to work with. 


 I put newspapers inside the shirt to keep the paint from bleeding through the fabric and I let my son fill in the pumpkin with orange paint. He loves to paint so this was a fun project for him.

I added a stem to the pumpkin and let it dry for a few hours. 

Our pumpkin needed a face and I planned to let my son paint black eyes, nose and a mouth on the pumpkin. As usual, my plans are useless. My son wanted this character to be our inspiration. It was his bag so that is what we did. I drew this face with a small tube of acrylic paint. 

Here is a close up of our inspiration. His name is Goomba. He is from the Mario game. 


I wish you lots of fun and yummy candy no matter where you are or what you are doing. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Chickie's Year End Review-My son got free candy in this bag so it was truly loved.


No comments: