Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Corduroy Joy #1

 Hello Readers. It is getting colder. That means it's time for warm fabrics like corduroy and flannel! I love them both, they are so warm and cozy.

 I got this tan pair of corduroys as hand-me-downs and I am so glad I did. I thought maybe they would be a good match for this cozy flannel shirt. (I have no idea where I got the flannel shirt..) I did not like this outfit as it was. I look like a basic suburban dad. I look like my dad. (No offense to dads. I just don't want to dress exactly like my dad.) Let's get to work. 

The first thing I did was customize these corduroy pants to my size. This was easy. I just stitched my way down each side and gave them a new hem. Quick and easy!

I still wanted to do something to jazz up this flannel shirt. I wanted to try a bleach effect. I mixed a cup of bleach into a gallon of water and soaked the bottom of the shirt and sleeves in the water.


I let it sit about 45 minutes and I got a surprise. It turned pink! I did not expect pink. I thought it would get lighter and tan colored. I thought it would match the tan corduroys in color. Things don't always go the way we think they will. That's just life.

I liked the pink but I didn't like it with these tan corduroy pants. It just did not look the way I thought it would. 

I put the flannel shirt with some off-white pants and I think it worked better. 

And as for the tan corduroy pants... maybe a plain off-white top? When in doubt, I grab something off-white.


 Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-These corduroys are good but that flannel is a true favorite.


No comments: