Friday, October 8, 2021

Puffy Sleeves

 Hello Readers. Sometimes you have to dress up a little. It can't be pajamas all day every day. Let's get dressed!

This shirt and skirt were hand-me-downs. The fall colors were fabulous. The skirt fit at the waist but the length was not good for me. The shirt had so much going on. The puffy sleeves and the neck tie. It was a lot all at once. 


Let's get to work. The skirt was an easy fix. It just needed to be shorter. It fir perfect at the waist already. Some cutting and some hemming took care of this skirt.

Let's move on the the burgundy shirt. It was a little big but that was good because there was room to fit and move around. I made the sides a little smaller and cut the sleeves off.

I thought cutting the sleeves made such a pretty ruffle sleeves. The shorter sleeves looked better on me. I was lost in those puffy sleeves. I will look more in proportion with some arm showing.


 I did not like tie around the neck. I cut it off and connected the 2 pieces. 

I thought it would make a much better waist tie to tie around the shirt. It worked perfectly as a little belt. It gave the shirt a more flattering shape at the neckline and at the waist.

I could tuck it into the skirt and wear the belt as a headband too. 


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-This blouse is a favorite of the year. I wore it a lot. I couldn't wear the skirt as much. I have to wear pants to work so my time to wear skirts is limited.

2 comments:

KD said...

I love these rich colors together for fall. Nice outfit!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much KD! I thought they were great for fall too.
Chickie