Friday, September 17, 2021

Bold Patterns

 Hello Readers. Do you love patterns? Do you love color? Do you love stripes? Do you like them all at the same time? Have I got the dress for you!

This dress fit really well but there was a problem with the length. It was very long on me. I loved the fabric of this dress. It is like a whole party in a dress! How could anyone not like it?

I needed to make this dress work on a very short woman. (Me!) I started by cutting the top off the dress. I made my cut under the zipper in the back. I am glad I did because it made a subtle peplum shape. I thought it was great.

I definitely took these out. 

The shirt was cute by itself.

What about that skirt piece? It could have been a matching scarf. But I didn't really want a scarf.

  The skirt had a big slit in the front. 


I sewed the slit closed and cut some fabric from the top. I wanted to keep the hem in the skirt to save time. I added an elastic waistband. I know the elastic doesn't look that pretty but you wont see it so its OK.

Here is my shorter skirt. The pattern and stripes made the slit blend in well.

My new 2 piece dress was complete. It was really fun and colorful and fit so much better now that it was shorter. I think the 2 pieces will be more versatile than a 1 piece dress. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Chickie's Year End Review-I haven't worn this again. I haven't gotten dressed up as much as I usually do. Maybe next year.

2 comments:

KD said...

Love that outfit! It combines a lively print with a traditional style - that's a good description of my fashion aesthetic. About 20 years ago I gave up on one-piece dresses, in favor of two-piece outfits, which fit better, and are more versatile because the top and skirt can both be worn with other bottoms and tops. They're great for travelling!

Thanks for sharing this refashion!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment KD, I appreciate the encouragement.
Chickie