Friday, July 9, 2021

Start Too Big

Hello Readers. Every summer people cut their pants into shorts. It may seem at first that the pants I am wearing are too baggy but they will make great shorts. I have found that starting with clothes that are too big and sizing down, I get the best fit.

 
 
If shorts that are too fitted they will ride up. I don't like that. It isn't comfortable. These loose cropped twill pants have enough room in the legs to make them fit well as shorts. This shirt is fine but a bit boxy. We can fix that.


 I started by trying on these pants and marking where I wanted to make new side seams. I needed to take the waist in so it would fit well and keep the shorts up higher on my waist. I like my pants and shorts to have a high waist. 

 
I made the waist a little smaller by making new side seams. You could use a zigzag stitch or a serger to make new side seams. This is the best way to get the fit you want. I did not make the legs smaller or tighter, I just made them shorter.
 

 I gave the shorts a quick hem and I was done. 


I also took the shirt is a little at the waist to make it look a little less boxy and shapeless. It was roomy enough through the shoulders and bustline and now the waist fits closer to the body as well. 


My outfit looks so much better now that it fits so much better. It was easy to start with roomy clothes and size down a little. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-These were great summer basics. Great for summer.

No comments: