Wednesday, July 21, 2021

White Shirt

 Hello Readers. Button-down shirts are classic and they are great for refashions too. This white shirt was a hand-me-down and the sleeves were a little long. Let's see what we can do with it. 

I started by cutting off the long sleeves that did not fit. I kept about 3 inches of sleeve to work with. 

I wanted to roll the sleeves up and keep them in that rolled position. I stitched each sleeve roll down in a few places to keep it rolled.

I wanted to crop the shirt a little and add a waistband. You can choose any length you like. I wanted to cover my tummy. I used this tan ribbon because it seemed to look good with the stripes of the shirt. I folded the ribbon ends and stitched them down so it would not fray. 

I attached the ribbon to the shirt as a waistband. I left enough at the ends so I could tie it in the front. 

The shirt fits great now. I noticed that the ribbon matched the ribbon I added to these jeans last year. 


 I wore this to go get Hawaiian shave ice. It was hot and humid but that strawberry shave ice was so good!


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I really liked how this shirt turned out. It was fun to make and went with everything. It got a lot of wear in the summer. 


2 comments:

KD said...

Nice! No need to tuck a shirt in, with the waistline tie!

I Can Work With That said...

That's what I thought too KD! :) Thanks for the comment.
Chickie