Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Dressy & Casual

 Hello Readers. I love this ultra marine color. I always want the clothes I see in this color. When I saw this dress I thought for sure I could make something I liked with it. 

When I tried this dress on at home I thought it fit well but it was just too long on me. I didn't think this dress needed a huge change to be great. Look at the satin ribbon belt and the cute collar and buttons. This dress was great.

I wanted to cut off 5-6 inches. 

I used my serger to stitch the edge of my new shorter skirt. Then I turned the edge under and stitched it down with my sewing machine. I did not want to turn the edge under twice and stitch it down because I thought it would make a heavy, bulky hem. I thought a lighter weight hem would look better.

You can see how much shorter the dress is now. 

I liked this dress so much. It was dressy but still comfortable. 


But what if I want to be casual? This dress can do that too. I put on a white t-shirt and knotted it in the front. I tucked the knot under.


It's perfect for a movie. I went to see the new Black Widow movie. How long has it been since I have been IN a theater? I can't even remember. Why did I bring that big purse? It might have sushi, brownies and an adult beverage in it. Shhh.... don't tell anyone.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I still have this dress and I still like it an think it has a great retro vibe to it.



2 comments:

KD said...

Love the dress and its shorter length. It looks great on you!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks KD! Whenever I don't know what to do I ask myself if I should go shorter.
Chickie