Friday, April 23, 2021

Wide-legged Jumpsuit

Hello Readers. I am loving the spring weather and the ability to wear less bulky clothing. My daughter gave me this jumpsuit while ago. She is about 8 inches taller than I am so it fit her very well. You can see it was much too long on me. 


I love me a jumpsuit y'all but this one was just way too long. Even high heels wouldn't fix this. I used to love high heels. My poor feet can't deal with them anymore. And honestly, I was still short even in heels. So, I need to fix this situation.


This jumpsuit spoke to me very clearly and I knew what to do. I cut the legs much shorter. I wanted a slightly cropped length. I used the gold design as my guide and just cut off the whole thing on both legs. Using the design as a cutting guide helped me make even length legs quickly and easily. I used my sewing machine to make a quick hem on the bottom of each leg.

When I ironed the jumpsuit I found the legs were more wide than I first thought. That was cool because wide leg pants are really having a moment right now. The whole jumpsuit is more simple without the design at the hem. I think sometimes simple is better. It was easy to layer for cool weather too. Why do I have the goofy look on my face? I have no idea.


 I was going to shorten this jumpsuit even more into a romper for summer but I really liked these wide loose pants. Here is a terrible but creative photo image to give you an idea of what it would look like if I did that. 


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I loved this jumpsuit. It had a loose fit that still works for me.

 

2 comments:

KD said...

I really like the jumpsuit; I like it better without the border on the leg.

After making changes to improve garment fit, I think about what style changes I might like in a garment. When I can't decide whether or not I want to make a style change, I wear the garment as is for awhile, then I make the change. I get the benefit of having it both ways.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment. That is a great way to really be sure of what you want. Rushing into things is always a bad idea.
Chickie