Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Playing With Denim

 Hello Readers. I am so happy spring is here. It isn't hot yet it's just comfortable enough to enjoy the outdoors. (Unless you are a victim of seasonal allergies, it is pollen season!) 


I found this short sleeve denim jacket at a swap and liked the short sleeves. I had not seen a short sleeve denim jacket before. I didn't even know I would want one until I saw it. I wasn't 100% sure about the super faded color. I have a small stash of dye in my laundry room for situations like this.


I started what I thought would be a simple dye job. I used this cherry red dye. The denim jacket was  100% cotton so this should have been a fast and easy refashion.


I used my washer and put the dye in the water. I don't know why it turned out so pink. It was SO pink it was almost magenta. I used a short wash cycle and I think it was too short. When you dye clothes in a pan on the stove, you can check the color and keep the clothes in the dye longer if you want. When you use the washer, you can't extend the dye time because the dye has gone down the drain. I think I will use a big pot on the stove next time. 

So, I took a breath. I don't like to give up on a project. I was going to get this jacket the color I wanted. This bottle of scarlet dye looked like more of a true red. I should have chosen it in the beginning.  I think the name should be "Really Red".


I definitely should have used this color from the beginning. It was a true red. It was exactly what I wanted.

 
 
Did someone say, "Red Jacket?".
 

 Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I love this red jacket just as much as I did when I dyed it. Red denim? Love it!


2 comments:

KD said...

Great statement jacket! The bright red color and short sleeves make it unique!

I Can Work With That said...

Thank you very much. I love red but I don't have many red clothing items.
Chickie