Friday, December 4, 2020

Dressember 2020; The Blue One

 Hello Readers. I love supporting Dressember and the work that they do. I am part of a team raising money to fight human trafficking by wearing dresses or ties everyday of this month. I like wearing dresses and....

If I need to do a lot of physical work and ladder climbing at work I will wear a shirt and tie that day. That's me! 

 

This sweater was too big and this dress was too small. They seemed to match really well though.

 I decided to cut the top of the dress off and use the rest as a skirt. It even had a waistband already built in. I could remove that waist tie off and my new skirt was ready to go. It had a great A-line shape that I really liked.

 What would I do with the sweater? I would make a top of course. My skirt needs a top. I used this t-shirt as a pattern. This sweater belonged to my hubby and it needed to be a ladies medium.

 I also shortened the sleeves and the body of the sweater by folding it up onto itself and making a new seam. I removed the excess fabric.

 I made the sweater more narrow and shorter so that it didn't cover up the skirt.

 I used that waist tie to dress up the sweater a little.

I liked the end result. The skirt has a high waist and the sweater meets and covers my stomach. Unless I lift it up so you can see the skirt better.


Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

2 comments:

KD said...

What luck to find matching pieces in teal, one of my favorite colors! It's a really nice outfit!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks KD! I was not planning to find a match but it worked out for me. I guess it pays to let things sit around for a while? haha
Chickie