Friday, April 3, 2020

The Double Skirt

Hello Readers. How are you doing? Are you well? Are you stressing about staying home? Are you stressing about having to work because you are "essential"? Are you trying to work from home and it's all just too much? I am currently eating chocolate and imitation peanut butter from the jar as I type this. And there are potato chip crumbs on my shirt. We are all doing the best we can.

 My refashion project for today is a combo of this loose top and this TIGHT skirt. I loved the colors in this top but I didn't like the spaghetti straps or the long length.

This top was so loose and full cut it would make a perfect skirt for summer. I cut the top of the shirt off. It was already shaped like a skirt. It was a little light weight and sheer. That concerned me. It also needed a waistband.

But I had a waistband! I had a whole skirt I could use. I attached the loose skirt to the tight gray skirt.

 I could have used the waistband alone but the tight skirt made a perfect lining. It would keep the new skirt from being too sheer. I shortened the gray skirt so it wasn't longer than the outer skirt.

I think I found my new favorite summer outfit!

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 




No comments: